The Tools for Survival
- ASSESS – What is the current situation
- What steps can I take to stay alive
- How can I get through
- Who is around to help me/ networks
- What are my strengths
- DEVELOP A PERSONAL PLAN FOR SURVIVAL short, medium, long TERM
- Enduring the emotional storms/ centring your thinking
- MAKING A DEFINITE DECISION – NOT TO GIVE IN
Resilience is the power to overcome impossible/ life threatening situations and taking action to stay alive. The key point being continuous actions must be undertaken, the simple fact is there will be periods of depression and feeling down, but it cannot be allowed to become all consuming.
The outcome is to achieve upon reflection and emotional stability is the proposition that suicide is ludicrous and totally irrational when facing a significant life crisis. Everything passes.